Friday, January 20, 2012

Hola!

We arrived on Monday and flew through the last few days in a flurry of meetings, delicious meals and shopping trips for materials.  It's been a full-on, sensory overload of sights, sounds, people, smells and so, so much spanish!  For those of you who don't know me,  I'm Jeremy Cox.   I apprenticed in the Stratford Prop Shop for 7 seasons from 1998-04, then went to Sheridan College for Furniture Design from 2004-07.  I have since spent time as a propbuiler, scenic painter, stop motion animation set builder and designer, museum display installer, public art installer, Industrial Design tech at OCAD, woodworking teacher, sculptor, furniture maker and designer.
        I am very excited to be part of the Es Artes initiative in Suchitoto, El Salvador, as a return to theatre, a return to Central America, and the opportunity to teach students here the skills involved prop building, as well as being part of such a talented team.
I'll be updating soon!
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment