Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Next Wave to Suchitoto

Hi from Kim, and thanks to Mel for inviting me to continue posting to this blog as we begin the second production in the Suchitoto project.

Counting down to Monday's flight (one and a half more days of to-do lists, packing, re-packing, and wondering what I'm forgetting) -and the 6 am ride to the airport for John P and me - off to see what we can do for ES Artes production of The House of Bernarda Alba (La Casa de Bernarda Alba). Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_Bernarda_Alba for details on the plot, author, and history of the play.

John is designing the costumes to be set in El Salvador of 1910, and I'll be 'making that happen' in whatever way Tatiana and the Es Artes team decide they want - so many unknowns...! Trying to anticipate with limited info is unsettling, so I'm trying to stay in the moment and wait till I'm on the ground... with that in mind, I'll sign off for now and pick up again when I'm actually in Suchitoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment